Predictive maintenance, a corporate philosophy
- Reduction in maintenance costs.
- Reduction in machine failures.
- Reduced downtime for repairs.
- Reduced stock of spare parts.
- Increased service life of parts.
- Increased production.
- Improved operator safety.
- Verification of repairs.
What is predictive maintenance and its importance?
Predictive maintenance allows manufacturers to lower maintenance costs, extend equipment life, reduce downtime and improve production quality by addressing problems before they cause equipment failures. More high-quality data we can feed into the predictive model the better its accuracy.
What are the advantages of preventive maintenance?
Advantages of preventive maintenance
- Less equipment downtime.
- Fewer interruptions to critical operations.
- Longer asset life.
- Improved efficiency (assets in good repair tend to operate better)
- Increased workplace safety and improved compliance with OSHA.
What do you mean by Predictive Maintenance?
Predictive maintenance techniques are designed to help determine the condition of in-service equipment in order to estimate when maintenance should be performed. The main promise of predictive maintenance is to allow convenient scheduling of corrective maintenance, and to prevent unexpected equipment failures.
How does predictive maintenance work?
How does predictive maintenance work? Predictive maintenance evaluates the condition of equipment by performing periodic or continuous (online) equipment condition monitoring. Most predictive maintenance is performed while equipment is operating normally to minimize disruption of everyday operations.