Discuss Four Basic Categories of Output Devices of a Computer.
A computer output device is used to extract information from a computer.
There are visual, audio, print and data output devices.
Different types of specific hardware include monitors, speakers and headphones, printers and external hard drives.
What is output device and types?
An output device is any device used to send data from a computer to another device or user. Most computer data output that is meant for humans is in the form of audio or video. Thus, most output devices used by humans are in these categories. Examples include monitors, projectors, speakers, headphones and printers.
What are the different types of output?
Different Types of Output Devices
- Monitor. LCD Monitor. CTR Monitor.
- Speaker and Headsets. Speakers for Desktop computer. Headsets – used to produce audio output.
- Multimedia Projector. Multimedia Projector. Multimedia projector is used to produce computer output on a big screen.
What are the categories of input devices?
Types of input devices
- Audio conversion device.
- Barcode reader.
- Biometrics (e.g., fingerprint scanner).
- Business card reader.
- Digital camera and digital camcorder.
- EEG (electroencephalography)
- Finger (with touch screen or Windows Touch).
- Gamepad, joystick, paddle, steering wheel, and Microsoft Kinect.
What are the output devices of computer and their functions?
Input and output devices that provide computers with additional functionality are also called peripheral, or auxiliary devices.
- 10 Examples of Output Devices. Monitor.
- Computer Speakers.
- Sound Card.