- What are the 4 main functions of a computer?
- What is a computer and its functions?
- What are the five basic functions of a computer?
- What is the function of a PC?
- What are the advantages of a computer?
- What is the meaning of CPU?
- What are the 10 parts of computer?
- What are the types computer?
- What are the main parts of computer?
- What are the 7 major components of a computer?
- How many parts are there in computer?
- What are the 7 types of computers?
- What are the characteristics of computer?
- What is ROM in computer?
What are the 4 main functions of a computer?
All computers carry out four basic functions. These are data input, processing, output and storage.
What is a computer and its functions?
Functions of a Computer
Data is entered into computer using Input Devices. Data or Instructions are stored in the computer in its memory and processed or uses them as and when required. Data is processed and converted into useful information. Output is generated as per format.
What are the five basic functions of a computer?
There are five main hardware components in a computer system: Input, Processing, Storage, Output and Communication devices. Are devices used for entering data or instructions to the central processing unit.
What is the function of a PC?
A computer is an electronic device that accepts, stores, and processes the data and returns the result or output. Personal computer has a microprocessor for processing data, a keyboard for entering data, a monitor for displaying data, and a storage device for storing data.
What are the advantages of a computer?
Advantages of a Computer are :-
A computer is very fast and can perform many operations simultaneously. Computer is always Accurate. It never gives false result. A computer is a Versatile machine means it can perform all types of tasks without any problem.
What is the meaning of CPU?
CPU (pronounced as separate letters) is the abbreviation for central processing unit. Sometimes referred to simply as the central processor, but more commonly called a processor, the CPU is the brains of the computer where most calculations take place.
What are the 10 parts of computer?
10 Parts that make up a Computer
- Hard Drive or Solid State Drive.
- Video card.
- Power Supply.
- Keyboard and Mouse.
What are the types computer?
The four basic types of computers are as under: 1Supercomputer. 2Mainframe Computer. 3Minicomputer.
What are the main parts of computer?
The Five Main Parts of a Computer
- Central Processing Unit (CPU) The CPU is the “brains” of the computer.
- Random Access Memory (RAM) RAM is variable in a computer.
- Hard Drive. Unlike RAM, the hard drive stores data even after the machine is turned off.
- Video Card. The video card provides the image seen on the monitor.
What are the 7 major components of a computer?
7 Major Components of Computer
- The Motherboard. Motherboard is simply a Circuit Board which is Printed that contains the principal components of the computer with connectors.
- The CPU.
- The RAM.
- The Hard Drive.
- The Video Card or Graphics Card.
- The Power Supply.
- The Optical Drive.
- 7 Blogging Tips For Beginners in 2020.
How many parts are there in computer?
What are the 7 types of computers?
Terms in this set (9)
- Mainframe computers. Large, powerful computers that are used for centralized storage, processing, and management of very large amounts of data.
- PDA;Personal Digital Assistant.
- Embedded computer.
What are the characteristics of computer?
The characteristics of computers that have made them so powerful and universally useful are speed, accuracy, diligence, versatility and storage capacity. Let us discuss them briefly. Computers work at an incredible speed. A powerful computer is capable of performing about 3-4 million simple instructions per second.
What is ROM in computer?
Short for read-only memory, ROM is a storage medium that is used with computers and other electronic devices. Unlike RAM (random access memory), ROM is non-volatile, which means it keeps its contents regardless of whether or not it has power.