A typical computer system consists of a computer case, a power supply unit, a motherboard, a central processing unit (CPU), main memory, and a hard disk drive.
Input devices include a keyboard, mouse, microphone, video camera, and image scanner.
Output devices include a monitor, speakers, and a printer.
What are the main components of computer hardware?
List of Computer Hardware
- Central Processing Unit (CPU)
- Random Access Memory (RAM)
- Power Supply.
- Video Card.
- Hard Drive (HDD)
- Solid-State Drive (SSD)
- Optical Drive (e.g., BD/DVD/CD drive)
What are the 10 major hardware components of a computer system?
- Inside a personal computer: Monitor. Motherboard. CPU(Microprocessor. Main memory(RAM) Expansion cards. Power supply unit. Optical disc drive. Hard disk drive (HDD). Keyboard. Mouse.
- An example of a serial port.
- Graphics Card.
- Close-up of a Sound Card.
- Network Interface Card.
What are the five major hardware components of a computer?
The major hardware components of a computer system are:
- Main memory.
- Secondary memory.
- Input devices.
- Output devices.
What are the 4 main components of a computer?
A computer has four main components: the central processing unit or CPU, the primary memory, input units and output units. A system bus connects all four components, passing and relaying information among them.