Most Common Types of Cybercrime Acts
- Fraud. Fraud is a general term used to describe a cybercrime that intends to deceive a person in order to gain important data or information.
- Identity Theft.
- Computer Viruses.
- DDoS Attack.
What are the 4 major categories of computer crimes?
There are four major categories of computer crime: internal computer crimes–trojan horses, logic bombs, trap doors, worms, and viruses; telecommunications crimes–phreaking and hacking; computer manipulation crimes that result in embezzlement and fraud; and traditional thefts of hardware and software.
What are the types of computer crime?
The 12 types of Cyber Crime
- Hacking. In simple words, hacking is an act committed by an intruder by accessing your computer system without your permission.
- Virus dissemination.
- Logic bombs.
- Denial-of-Service attack.
- Email bombing and spamming.
- Web jacking.
- Cyber stalking.
What are the major types of cybercrime?
The Major Types of Cybercrime
- Hacking. By definition, hacking is the unauthorized accessing of a single device (such as a laptop or a smartphone) or a computer network, and those who engage in the activity are called hackers.
- Online identity theft.
- Online child abuse.
- Ransomware attack.
- Internet fraud (online scams)