A computer engineer tests computer components and systems by developing and designing memory devices, processors, circuit boards, and networks.
They make computers more mobile or incorporate computers in other areas, such as machines or building materials.
What can I do with a computer engineering major?
Below is a list of ten example career paths for graduates of computer engineering programs to consider.
- Computer Programmer. 8.3%
- Mechanical Engineer. 4.5%
- Electrical Engineer. 4.7%
- Industrial Engineer. 4.5%
- Computer Systems Analyst. 24.5%
- Computer User Support Specialist. 20.2%
- Web Developer. 20.1%
- Computer Network Architect.
Where can a computer engineer work?
The following industries are some of the common places a computer engineer would work after graduating:
- Manufacturing plant – Control and Instrumentation.
- Corporate – Enterprise systems architecture.
- Software development and software architecture.
- Chip manufacturers – Hardware engineer.
What does a computer engineer do on a daily basis?
They research, design, develop, and test operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software for medical, industrial, military, communications, aerospace, business, scientific, and general computing applications.
Were can a computer engineer work?
A computer engineer, also called a software engineer, is responsible for developing, testing and evaluating the software that make our computers work. They may help in the development of new computer games and business applications, or even in the design of entirely new operating systems.