Jobs directly related to your degree include:
- Applications developer.
- Database administrator.
- Game developer.
- Multimedia programmer.
- Web developer.
- Web designer.
- Software engineer.
- Software tester.
What jobs can you get with a software development degree?
Careers Related to Software Developers[About this section] [To Top]
- Computer and Information Research Scientists.
- Computer and Information Systems Managers.
- Computer Hardware Engineers.
- Computer Network Architects.
- Computer Programmers.
- Computer Support Specialists.
- Computer Systems Analysts.
- Database Administrators.
Are software developers in demand?
Employment of software developers is projected to grow 21 percent from 2018 to 2028, much faster than the average for all occupations. Software developers will be needed to respond to an increased demand for computer software.
What are the fields in software engineering?
Some of the major branches and career paths in software engineering include:
- Applications Development. Problem solving-based, non-Web-based software development that includes programming languages such as Java and C#.
- Systems Development.
- Web Development.
- Embedded Systems Development.