- What is mini computer and examples?
- What is mini computer and its uses?
- What is a mini computer system?
- What is mini and micro computer?
- What are the types of mini computer?
- Who is the father of mini computer?
- What are the advantages of mini computer?
- What are the 7 types of computers?
- What are the types computer?
What is mini computer and examples?
Control Data’s CDC 160A and CDC 1700. DEC PDP and VAX series. Data General Nova. Hewlett-Packard HP 3000 series and HP 2100 series. Honeywell-Bull DPS 6/DPS 6000 series.
What is mini computer and its uses?
They were primarily designed for business applications and services that require the performance and efficiency of mainframe computers. Minicomputers are generally used as mid-range servers, where they can operate mid-sized software applications and support numerous users simultaneously.
What is a mini computer system?
Definition of minicomputer. : a small computer that is intermediate between a microcomputer and a mainframe in size, speed, and capacity, that can support time-sharing, and that is often dedicated to a single application.
What is mini and micro computer?
Microcomputers usually refer to laptop or desktop PCs that you use in a typical household, whereas minicomputers, which were primarily used from 1960 to 1980, are generally larger, but have limited functionality and slower processors. A personal laptop is considered a modern microcomputer.
What are the types of mini computer?
The types of minicomputer are- tablet PC, Desktop minicomputers, cell phones, notebooks, high-end mP3 players, etc.
Who is the father of mini computer?
What are the advantages of mini computer?
Advantages of mini computers
- Easy to carry on: If you often travel then minicomputer is best for you.
- Best for productive people: If you are a tech guy then the mini computer is a good choice for you.
- Low in price:
- Longer battery life:
- Taking notes in class:
- No CD/DVD player:
- Small screen:
- Low storage:
What are the 7 types of computers?
Terms in this set (9)
- Mainframe computers. Large, powerful computers that are used for centralized storage, processing, and management of very large amounts of data.
- PDA;Personal Digital Assistant.
- Embedded computer.
What are the types computer?
The four basic types of computers are as under: 1Supercomputer. 2Mainframe Computer. 3Minicomputer.